Therapeutic & Recreational Bootcamp Classes
A Unique Program for Motor Skills Development
While working in outpatient clinics, Founder, Amy Wheadon, MS, OTR/L developed a passion for designing and implementing Bootcamp groups for children. Children who participated in these groups not only became stronger and developed their physical skills, but they demonstrated improved ability to focus in school, when completing homework, and when performing daily living activities. Peer interaction skills and impulse control also improved for children who participated in peer-based physical movement groups. Amy has an extensive knowledge base for which techniques, exercises, games and activities are both motivating to children and are beneficial for facilitating neurodevelopmental growth. kidSHINE Bootcamps are specifically designed by Amy to develop and enhance strength, coordination, balance, motor planning and spatial awareness.
- Improved core strength, balance, coordination, spatial awareness, motor planning, gross motor and fine motor skills
- Structured, safe, adult guided environment to practice focus and concentration, listening skills, peer cooperation and social skills
- Daily physical activity to help children focus in school and for daily routines
- Enhanced executive functioning and planning/ organizational skills
- Enhanced attention & concentration using a sensory integration approach
Early Spring 2020 Bootcamp Classes
8 Week Session
Recreational Classes for $205
Therapeutic Classes for $225
March 9th-May 9th, 2020
$20 Sibling Discount
$25 per recreational class drop-in rate, if space allows.
This 8 week session spans 9 calendar weeks- We will offer makeup classes during the April School Vacation Week.
- Warm up our minds and bodies
- Gross Motor Obstacle Course
-Theme Based Physical Challenges
- Team Building Activities
- Fine Motor Activity (for preschool classes at schools)
- Carry over challenges for home and “Goal for the week”